How does iCloud replacing iDisk?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by clarkkent18, Aug 1, 2011.

1. clarkkent18 macrumors member

I have done a few searches and this topic has not been talked about in over a month (from that I can tell).

I own nothing but Mac but my school and work only use MS Office and .pdf files for everything that I need. From the looks of the log on screen for iCould, it is only going to sync iWork documents only.

But then I start to question, if iCould is going to sync with PCs and Mac, how are PCs going to be synced when iWork is only on Macs? If I do not have my Mac on me, can I log into iCould and go to iWork and see all the documents on my Macs at home??

To all the developers that have access to iCould today, is it only iWork items being synced or are all items? What can you tell me and everyone else on this board about how the iCould syncing is working and with with documents?

Thanks

2. Tech Genius macrumors newbie

The whole iWork thing so far is only for iDevices. In order to use iWork on iCloud, you must own a iDevice 3rd gen.+ and install iWork (Apple provides devs with iWork).

3. scmarcos macrumors member

Will we able to store pdf and office file in ICLOUD?

4. thunderbunny macrumors 6502a

thunderbunny

If somebody writes an app to do it. Has only just started handling iWork documents, and not very well by the first look.

5. Mrguidogenio macrumors regular

Mrguidogenio

I wonder if iCloud works as Dropbox. If it does, I will switch to iCloud, as I gives more space than Dropbox for free.