How does IOS 7 look on ipad 2?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by The Game 161, Sep 18, 2013.

1. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Those who have downloaded for the older models? have yet to do mine...any issues so far?

2. ErikGrim macrumors 68030

ErikGrim

Just the standard issues that makes iOS7 unfinished for iPads in general. Other than that it's fine.

3. MLinneer macrumors regular

MLinneer

Update went fine for mine. Still running through the apps but I haven't had a problem yet. The new multi-task takes getting used to... you just swipe the app away instead of holding it for the 'x' to show.

Might just be my impression but it does 'feel' a tad faster and more responsive than iOS 6. iPad 2 16GB.

4. hodap2001 macrumors newbie

Works great on my second generation Ipad

5. Yester5, Sep 18, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2013

Yester5 macrumors regular

Yester5

Everything works fine on my 2, but very slow overall.
    Edited to add...
    Probably running slow because I did not realize it was still being restored...still downloading photos and music

6. Chris1W, Sep 18, 2013

Chris1W macrumors newbie

I just tried on iPad 2, 3 and iPod Touch 5th Gen (workplace properties)

iPad 2 and 3 only receive partial blur/translucency effect; No blur effect on notification, control center, and on screen keyboard (and Siri on iPad 3); Just transparent but not translucent

EDIT: And also on App Store and Safari (the 'header' and 'footer'), and probably any other place;

iPod touch 5th gen get all of the blur effects

(I read that iPad 2 actually capable, those effects were disabled because iPad 3 couldn't handle them, iPad 3 owner would whine if iPad 3 looks worse than iPad 2)

Hate that iPad 3 abomination drags iPad 2 down...

Oh, and iOS 6 iPad Clock (swiss railway) design is much better than iOS 7 clock

7. ethanlee macrumors regular

That's not the reason why. Yes, iPad 2 is capable and they had all of the blur effects turned on back in the earlier betas. Somewhere along the way they switched it to transparency in some cases and therefore greatly quickened the experience. It's not a matter of capability, it's a matter of performance.

8. Chris1W macrumors newbie

What about iPod Touch 5th gen, it also got A5 and 512 MB RAM and I see it has all the glory; and iPad Mini (same spec)? I heard they got full blur

9. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

IT KILLED SIRI!

Then I remembered that the iPad 2 doesn't have Siri. Yep, hadn't used my dad's iPad in a while.

10. Chris1W, Sep 18, 2013

Chris1W macrumors newbie

Well I guess it gave me the incentive to buy iPad 5 :)

great planned obselence (no really, me, my wife, and my 2 year old daughter starts 'fighting' over the only iPad at home, need another iPad)

EDIT: After looking it further: It seems translucency are only enabled on 3 places: the dock, folders and multitasking interface; outside those, transparency only