iPad mini How does iPad Mini 2 handle websurfing and emails?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MikeAK, Nov 9, 2015.

1. MikeAK macrumors regular

Does the Mini 2 handle basic web surfing and emails well? Is it worth jumping up to a Mini 4?

2. Saberon2014 macrumors member

If that's all you're doing, stick with it.

3. rwp macrumors member

I own a Mini 2 and use it all the time for web browsing and email. I have a preference for physical keyboards if typing a lot of text, but otherwise works great. I am going to keep my Mini 2 when I get my iPad Pro.

4. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

Web surfing and email are among the most basic tablet functions. Pretty much any brand name tablet can handle them smoothly.

5. MikeAK thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the replies, everyone. My partner is looking for her first ever tablet. She is a very light user and I'm thinking the iPM2 would do fine. Not owning one myself I figured I'd ask here.

6. newellj macrumors 601

I was using a Mini 2 until a couple of weeks ago when I splurged on a Mini 4. For those purposes, the only potential issue might be more Safari page reloads on the Mini 2 than the Mini 4 due to the 1GB vs 2GB of RAM difference. You shouldn't see that unless you keep quite a few tabs open, and even then it might not be bothersome.

7. iSheep5S macrumors 6502a

iSheep5S

64bit chip means your fine for more than just emails and safari. The Mini 2 is an Air 1 internally. I game, browse, YouTube, social network etc.

My wife has had the Air one for over a year with no issues.

8. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed, the mini 2 will work fine for you OP.

9. MikeAK thread starter macrumors regular

10. colodane macrumors 6502a

colodane

I have a mini 2 and it works just fine for all of your intended usage. With iOS 9, the split screen is great for surfing web while checking email.