How does it look?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by waloshin, Mar 29, 2009.

1. waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

Will this work as a functional welcome page for my website?

home.libertycrd.com

Eventually i will upload it to the libertycrd.com folder, so it wont be home.libertycrd.com/

Thanks

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

It looks a little simplified, but that's not a big deal I guess. There are validation errors in your site- head over to the HTML Validator to fix these.

Also, your page has no title.

3. waloshin thread starter macrumors 68040

waloshin

Thanks, any suggestions on how to make it look better, visually?

4. wakka092 macrumors 6502

wakka092

Nice start.

Background color? Try replacing the serif font with a sans-serif. Change the button image into something a little more creative, maybe green to match the image? Add a title to your page.

5. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

6. RoninXI macrumors regular

Here is a clean copy of your Jeep logo http://www.freewebs.com/toyotasucks/jeep logo.bmp "only in a" looks like "Arial Black" to me the liberty I hope you know that font because it is not anything I have. Clean it up and give it crisp edges, that makes things look professionally done very easily. I think you should choose a sans-srif font as well and use it on everything (including the buttons). Some sort of background would help a lot as well.

What I recommend,
    1, give it a title in the <title> tag instead of leaving it "untitled document"
    2, using a heading tag (h1, h2, etc) for your title the <font size> tag should be avoided when possible.
    3 instead of having to use <p align="center> all the time use this little CSS (put it just above the closing </head> tag
    Code:
    <style type="text/css">
    p {text-align:center;}
    </style>
    that way you only have to use <p> instead of what you have.

7. waloshin thread starter macrumors 68040

waloshin

The redone logo iz number 1. while the old logo is number 2..

Does it look better?

And what button do you like better?

8. waloshin thread starter macrumors 68040

waloshin

I do have an adsense account, should i add a ad banner to the welcome page or not.

I am thinking having an ad may make people leave?

9. torndownunit macrumors regular

One thing I would be doing it trying to fit it all into one page/screen. There isn't much info on that page, so I don't like the fact that even on a big screen with a high resolution, I have to scroll down to see it all. You could easily fit all of it in even an 800 x 600 window.

I'd make the buttons smaller, use a font like arial on them, and arrange them either horizontally, or set them up vertically in a column on the left (or right). They don't look right centered and vertical as they are.

I'd decrease the font size on your disclaimer.

I'd try to do something to separate the sections a bit more as well. EG some kind of background behind the banner (Welcome to..). Do something to dress to dress the banner up a bit in general. Basically just try to give it some structure instead of it looking like a group of elements stacked on top of each other in a plain single vertical column.

The logo RoninXI linked is much better quality than what you have used as well. That would help the look of the site a ton.

10. vivithemage macrumors 6502a

vivithemage

remove those blocky buttons imo, change them to blend a little better with the jeep image.

<---05 grand cherokee owner :p

11. waloshin thread starter macrumors 68040

waloshin

Gotta love Mopars, I did change the background, and the buttons. Look better