How does LightRoom4 look on RetinaMBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by arbitrage, Jun 20, 2012.

1. arbitrage macrumors 6502a

Has anyone run LR4 on the new RetinaMBP? I've just finished transitioning away from Aperture and into LR over the past 3 months. Mainly because I prefer the superior Sharpening and NR in LR. Now Aperture has updated to support Retina and improved a bunch of things but still no changes to Sharpening or NR tools. I'm expecting my RetinaMBP next week, and looking to find out if LR looks okay, looks good, or looks like crap:D

Thanks for any info.

2. j1999t macrumors member

I have ran lightroom 3 on my 08 macbook pro since it was released. I'm gonna purchase lightroom 4 after i get my RMBP sometime in the next two weeks or so. I do not think adobe has updated lightroom 4 yet. I do not think it will look like crap as many people on this forum have said that even non updated apps look better the Retina display than a non-retina display

3. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

Like most non-updated apps, it'll look a little blurry or pixelated in places until it's updated. But I think it's obvious that it will be updated at some point in the future, so if you would benefit from the added resolution once it is, update now and tough it out.