How does Live Wallpaper Work?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Avenger, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Avenger macrumors 6502a

During the wallpaper configuration screen if you use force touch, the animation moves quickly. But once you set it to your home screen does it just animate very slowly?

2. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Live only animates with a force touch on the lock screen and not on the home screen at all. On both home and lock screens, live reverts to perspective where it doesn’t animate but simply moves as you change angle.

3. Avenger thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks. Kinda killed the notion I had of what it did. I thought it was like PC or Android animated wallpapers.

4. AdonisSMU macrumors 604

Im sorry but it doesnt revert to perspective when live cant be used.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 4, 2017 ---
    Thats what I was hoping for. Live is the only way to get this sort of behavior.

5. Nilhum macrumors regular

Nilhum

Live wallpapers are dumb. The fact that you have to click on them makes them worthless. Apple should release more dynamics or allow developers to release dynamic.

6. happyslayer macrumors 6502a

happyslayer

I gotta agree. All the ads show the cool moving sand wallpaper that fills the rounded corners when it moves. I wanted that! I went ahead and upgraded to the Beta 11.2 just because another forum member said it has the sand wallpapers. They are lame--only work with a finger press on the lock screen which one barely sees with Face ID--espcially compared to the ads. Feeling a little mislead, honestly. Oh well, the phone is still cool. I just wanted the cool oooh-wow effect of those wallpapers. I'm sure if they existed as shown, they would eat battery but that should be my choice, I tell you!

7. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Actually it does. When in the home screen the wallpaper set for live will still move somewhat - perspective - unless you have reduce motion turned on.

8. AdonisSMU macrumors 604

I dont have reduced motion turned on.