How does messages search work?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by wannabelean, Dec 15, 2013.

1. wannabelean macrumors 6502

I'm looking for the word "Singapore" and I have a few of my friends who have used that word in their replies/messages to me. Now some of them have used the word more than once in multiple messages. How can I look for the message I want? Searching for "Singapore" only lists the most recent message with the word Singapore. How do I go to older messages?

2. Antoni Nygaard macrumors 6502a

Antoni Nygaard

On your home screen drag down to get to spotlight, try search there

3. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

It doesn't.

4. LV426, Dec 16, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2013

LV426 macrumors 6502a

In the Messages app itself, drag down the first message you see to reveal a search box. Typing Singapore in that box will filter and display messages containing the word Singapore. I just did this myself and, funnily enough, found a single message with the word Singapore in it.

I'm not sure why you're only seeing recent entries, though. I'm seeing results for other searches going back years.

5. wannabelean thread starter macrumors 6502

Nope not working for me. I have a contact by the name Tom and Tom has used the word Singapore atleast 10 times with me this year. When I search for Singapore Tom's last message with the word Singapore shows up. Also other contacts who have used the word Singapore also show up but I'm interested in looking at Tom's earlier usage of the word Singapore. I had to manually scroll and find the message. The message is there and so is the word Singapore.