How does Mobile me works ? Does it up battery life?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vslo, Sep 23, 2010.

1. vslo macrumors regular

Hi,
    I just got a free 60 days mobile me try out. I choose to sync my calendars, emails and contacts. Add the mobile me account mail in the iphone. But I left the push notifications off, since it reduce my battery life considerably. But, the sync function still works. How? I mean, how does the iphone get to know that I updated my imac calendar ? I'm afraid it will eat up my battery !
    Thank you very much !

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Every time you launch contacts or calendar it will begin the sync process instead of in the background.

3. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Mobile Me is not using up any extra battery life on my iPhone 4.

4. iggypod macrumors 6502a

iggypod

5. philMBP macrumors 6502

Think about what you are asking.

Of course push will use up "some" battery life...but how much will depend on how many notifcations you get. Do you want to be notified of new emails etc? Yes?...then what exacty do you expect? No?..then set to manual and stop worrying. Doing a manual sync as you are doing will only use up as much battery life as requried for the pull. You're splitting hairs.

6. Lostanddamned macrumors 6502a

Lostanddamned

I havent seen any change in battery life, and I rely on MM pretty heavily..

7. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I use MobileMe and love it. No battery drain either!

8. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

I love MobileMe. I tried it out when it first came out, and ending up getting like 4 months free due to all the technical difficulties. I just recently subscribed to it when I bought my MBP, and it has little to no effect on the iPhone 4 battery life.

Find My iPhone makes it worth it alone.