How does one actually use the Health App?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Italianblend, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

There seems to be no setup for the health app. Everything just says "Data not set." and I don't see anywhere to input data.

Is there a way to link this app with MapMyRide?

Maybe I'm just getting old and I don't understand how to do this kind of stuff anymore.

2. dcharleyultra macrumors 6502

The way I understand it, it's all on the feeder app.

I just checked MMR in the App Store, and it doesn't appear to have been updated for iOS 8 yet.

3. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

4. CasuallyDressed macrumors 6502

CasuallyDressed

I used it to setup my medical ID. I very much doubt I'll ever open it again.

5. bransoj macrumors 6502a

I've added in personal details such as height, date of birth, current weight etc but as yet they need apps to update to add data to the Health stuff so it can be monitored. Believe there was a late issue with this and we can expect an update in the not to distant future after which apps will update and things like MapMyRun, Runkeeper, MyFitnessPal etc will be able to export data to Healthkit. Folks who have accessories might have some luck using it currently and obviously it will get buckets of data from the Apple Watch when then launches.

6. DMaki650 macrumors 6502

DMaki650

They released a statement saying that a fix will come before the end of September. They pulled all the apps that had updated to support it cause there was a bug found at the last minute that was preventing it from working properly.

7. Toltepeceno Suspended

Toltepeceno

I did too, but when I back up and restore it does not restore this data. I doubt I will keep inputting it, wish I could uninstall it.