How does one actually utilize the blobs to downgrade or even upgrade?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by dacapo, Apr 30, 2010.

1. dacapo macrumors 6502

Once the spirit gets released, I assume that Apple will eventually/quickly? provide a firmware upgrade.

For 3GS users on 3.1.3, I assume that they will be able to use spirit to jailbreak. And as long as they save their blobs on cydia, they will be able to downgrade back to 3.1.3 even if Apple releases a firmware upgrade and users "accidentally" update their firmware.

For 3GS users on 3.1.2 like myself, should I upgrade to 3.1.3 sooner to take advantage of spirit? (In other words, let's hypothetically assume that Apple stops signing 3.1.3 in the next 2 or 3 days. Does that mean I will not be able to upgrade to 3.1.3 unless I have my blobs saved on cydia? Or, can I upgrade to 3.1.3 even after Apple has stopped signing 3.1.3?)

And, for upgrading or downgrading the firmware, what are the actual steps I need to take?

[I've been happily jailbroken thanks to the great help here, but with the impending spirit release, I find that I'm a complete noob again! :eek:]

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

http://www.saurik.com/id/12

3. dacapo thread starter macrumors 6502

Is this the section?

4. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

This is a topic that it seems to be difficult to get straight answers on. I'd be interested to know too.