How Does One Delete Content From Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cokids, Jul 22, 2008.

1. cokids macrumors member

Ok, I am a newbie. I don't even HAVE my touch yet, but am reading, 'The iPod & iTunes PocketGuide: Third Edition" and can find nowhere any info on deleting content from the iTouch. I have ordered the one with the smallest memory, so expect I'm going to need to get rid of stuff when I'm done with it to make space for new info. HELP!!

Beth

2. big-blue-wolf macrumors regular

big-blue-wolf

The best way to manage the content is via iTunes and sync it all to the iPod.

You can delete emails and videos by swiping across the items and pressing the red DELETE button which appears.

Apps and webpage links on the home screen are deleted by pressing and holding till the icons wiggle/jiggle (whichever you prefer) and then you press the (X) in the top left corner.

3. dark-saito macrumors regular

also on the settings menu of the touch is an option to reset your ipod, ridding of all media and settings.

4. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

Music and Video will take up the most space and I agree with managing these and all other media/data thru iTunes.

Instead of syncing all your media, you can create playlists and smart playlists to manage your music and video.

5. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

When you get your iPod touch you will see how and what it loads. You will also see if you create playlists how you can load and unload them through iTunes.

6. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

mange ur media through iTunes and everything will have a little check box beside it. if you want it on your iPod check the box next to the item and sync your iPod. if you want to take it off then uncheck the box and sync your iPod. easy as that.

7. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

The "swiping" technique does not actually delete a video, it only removes it from the playlist. To actually remove it, the touch needs to be synced with iTunes.