How does one get an iPhone 3G in London ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fiftydollarshoe, Aug 6, 2008.

1. fiftydollarshoe macrumors regular

I'm trying. I've stalked different stores with stealth manoeuvres, I've checked the web for the store updates, I’ve even offered bribes but still can't snag an iPhone as they are always sold out. What am I doing wrong here ? What’s the best way to get one ?

2. ajthomason macrumors 6502

Try one of the Apple stores - when I checked on Monday, every single apple store in the country had all models in stock (it's on their website; http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/iphone )

3. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

Forget going via O2 - either in the stores or online. Best bet is either Apple stores or Carphone Warehouse online or over the phone.
    You'd think that with O2 being the sole carrier, they'd have more than Carphone Warehouse, but O2 never seem to have 16GB's in there stores and have zero iPhones online, lol.
    After waiting for days for O2 to get their online/phone a$$ in gear(they still haven't by the way), I was advised on this forum to try CPW over the phone. I did that just that. It was painless and my 16GB black 3G was delivered in 3 days. :D

4. ajthomason macrumors 6502

Please, Please don't buy from the carphone warehouse (whorehouse as I've heard it said) - I did because I wanted to pre-order and O2 had just sold out of 16GBs... and now regret it! I wanted to get mine replaced, the idiot refused to see that there was a problem, ran the IMEI number through the system and told me that the phone was not the one that I had been sold...

That morning I had phoned up to check stock levels, was told they had loads, phoned again just before I was due to leave (after having cancelled all my afternoon appointments), and was told they had none in stock - after a lot of complaining, they eventually told me that they were all reserved (which they are NOT allowed to do!).

Just go to an Apple store - the people who work there actually know what they are talking about. The genius I dealt with after going to the CPW had an iPhone that had the same problem as mine (even worse actually; yellow screen) and just asked me what I wanted him to do, I said "Please replace it anyway" and he did just that.

Sorry to take it off topic - but I would strongly advise anyone against buying from the whorehouse. When I phoned up to ask about replacement options, they offered for me to send it off to be checked. I asked if they would send a replacement first with a deposit and the woman could not understand that I need to keep a phone to use and can't just send it away!

5. Luke Redpath macrumors 6502a

Bought my 16GB iPhone 3G in the Bond Street/Oxford Street store today at lunchtime (upgrading from old iPhone). The guy said they had 80 delivered on Tuesday (sold out) and 50 today which he expected to sell out, but he said they are getting regular stock deliveries now.