How does ordering a Mac work through a reseller

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Supercell, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Supercell macrumors member

Hello,

So, I've ordered a rMBP 15" 2.3 with a small customization which is a US layout keyboard (comes standard with a Dutch Keyboard in the Dutch Apple Store) on November 29 at a Dutch reseller, because I live in the Netherlands.

The "available for shipping" jumps from within 24 hours to 2-4 workdays when you select this option in the Dutch Apple Store. The reseller also provided me with this option and since the rMBP was 250 euro cheaper, I figured I'll order it from the reseller.

Yesterday I mailed the reseller for a order status update, and today they told me the manufacturer (I assume Apple?) doesn't have the device in stock and the device will probably be available on December 27. How is this possible? Apple says 2-4 days.

Does the rMBP have to be manufactured from scratch and perhaps because of low stock of certain parts (CPU, Memory, etc) the date is being pushed to a later date?

2. jondunford macrumors 6502

jondunford

this is probably it plus depending on the reseller they might be buying it from the us for you