How does photoshop runs on a macbook 13" white 2.4

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by donau, Apr 6, 2008.

1. donau macrumors newbie

Hi

does anyone know how photoshop runs on a macbook 13" white 2.4

2. Nuks macrumors 6502a

Photoshop CS3 runs fine on my 2 Ghz core duo with 2 gigs of ram. I'm not the most intensive user though. What kind of stuff will you be doing with it?

3. donau thread starter macrumors newbie

4. hexonxonx macrumors 601

The only drawback may be in because the MacBooks display is not as bright as say a MBP or iMac. That could possibly affect your true colors in Photoshop.

5. CalmEnvy macrumors 6502a

Photoshop CS3 runs perfectly fine on my 2.1GHz MacBook. Although I really don't do to much photo editing on it.

6. 11blue macrumors member

It works awesome. I am an artist, and it works wonders for me. 300dpi images seem not to be a problem. i dunno where it maxes out.

7. mcavjame macrumors 65816

mcavjame

I use the photoshop from the first creative suite (back in 03 I think). So it is running under Rosetta and does a good job converting my images for web development. I sometimes do print work and it handles those jobs just fine, but I am not usually under any strict timelines. My macbook is a 2.16 with 4 GB (3 usable) and a 7200 rpm drive. I find the drive makes the biggest difference in how well my apps perform. I mostly do video editing.

8. WardC macrumors 68030

WardC

Yeah, it even runs good on a 1.83GHz MacBook, even Photoshop 7 and CS1 run OK. Photoshop might run a little slow on an older G3 iBook, but on the current intel MacBooks, they run OK. The only issue is the screensize. 13" isn't quite as good as 15.4" or even 17" to work with. Plus, the older MacBooks (like mine) seem to have much dimmer displays. The MBP LED-lit screens now on the 15.4" are incredibly bright.

9. Saliwa macrumors member

I am wondering how good (or bad) CS3 would perform on a G4, if I upgrade to Leopard I will have to drop PS7 that works like a charm on my G4+Tiger.

10. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

oh mine is a 1.83ghz macbook and adobe cs3 premium thats lik photoshop cs3 flash cs3 and illistrator like that runs fine on leopard and 512mb of ram and ive been using alot lately for school

11. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

If you have to ask, chances are the type of work you'll be doing is nowhere near close to maxing out the computer.

12. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

I have Photoshop CS3 Extended (for some DICOM image work) and my MacBook (2.2GHz, 4GB RAM) handles it just perfectly.

Photoshop is entirely processor and memory dependent; it doesn't rely on the graphics chip at all, so there's no advantage of the MacBook Pro other than screen size (or perhaps the 7200 RPM disk option, though that's easy to drop in a MacBook, too).

13. Joined:
    Apr 6, 2008
    LOL! I love this...what else can you use photoshop for except image editing haha sorry don't mean to rude or anything just thought it was funny

14. Manderson macrumors newbie

I find that the PowerPC version of PhotoshopCS works better than the Intel version of PhotoshopCS2 or 3 on my macbook... much snappier.

Why is that?

2.16ghz 3.3gb ram blackbook

15. slybeans macrumors member

So an older version of photoshop works faster then the newer version? no surprises there

16. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

There is no Intel version of CS2, but as for why CS1 runs better than 3, that I can't say.

17. Manderson macrumors newbie

Well only found it interesting because cs3 is intel and cs1 is powerpc and I'm on an intel mac...

thought it would run better or at least as good... since i'm far from a pro user I'm sticking to cs1... the changes made to cs3 are above my pay grade and not worth the slight loss in performance.