How does pre-ordering work?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Advil, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Advil macrumors 6502a

I'm getting ready for the iPhone 4 release and would love to pre-order to have it shipped to me. Do I order from at&t or from apple? Is it a simple process or do I have to go to the store and claim my upgrade subsidy? Is it just easier to get it at the apple/at&t store?

2. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

AT&T or apple site. Tho apple has a chat so you can get peoples help

3. xraytech macrumors 68020

Go to www.apple.com on the 15th of June and click on the Pre-Order button and go from there. Very easy from what I remember when I Pre-Ordered my iPhone 3Gs.

4. Stankonia macrumors regular

I'd recommend ordering from Apple instead of AT&T. Since Apple is the one producing the phone there will be less of a chance of supply problems (after all, AT&T only gets what Apple ships them).

I had it shipped last year and it was easy to activate my account. Definitely the way I'll go again if I decide to upgrade

5. Advil thread starter macrumors 6502a

Good to hear, I would much rather order directly from Apple. Will they just ask me my AT&T account info so I get the $299 price automatically?

6. rynep macrumors newbie

rynep

Does anybody know what time on the 15th they're going to be taking orders? (12:01am Eastern, etc...)

7. Stankonia macrumors regular

Apple will ask for your phone number, billing zip code, and last 4 of your SSN. They are connected to AT&T's system to check your account, so you'll get the discounted price when you try to preorder (if eligible).

8. alanlau007 macrumors member

Does anyone know if I have to use the AT&T account holder's credit card?
    Let's say, my AT&T account is actually under my girlfriend's name. Can I pay for the iPhone 4 using my credit card?
    Does Apple gift card work on iPhone pre-order?