How does Preordering with T-Mobile work?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by retroboomin, Sep 1, 2014.

1. retroboomin macrumors regular

Anyone knows how preordering iphone works?
    When you preorder do they send it to your home or do they just reserve it in store for you?

Anyone willl be using tmobile JUMP with the iphone 6?
    How exactly that will that work if you can't trade your phone in when they not in stores yet?

2. STEVEN P. JOBS macrumors newbie

If you order it online, they send it to your home. If feel sorry for anyone trying to pre-order an iPhone from T-Mobile. Their website is ALREADY terribly slow on a daily basis. I'd hate to see what happens when they have "new iPhone" traffic.

3. billp1 macrumors newbie

I asked at the T mobile kiosk at our local Costco if they will have them on the release day. They assured me that they will have in stock and almost never have a line.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Lol:D
    Yeah most likely every Costco will have 2-3 in stock and they will disappear within seconds.
    We're talking about a major iphone release here, not some android phone that noone buys. There will be shortages and lines everywhere and most likely backordered for weeks.
    Places like Costco, Bestbuy, target and walmart only get like 4-5 phones if that.
    And then none come in to them for weeks.
    Apple keeps their Apple stores stocked up well on major releases and then when stocks keep up they supply their carrier stores and other retailers.

5. retroboomin thread starter macrumors regular

4-5 iphones? :(
    I was thinking 100-200 phones a store...

6. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Might be a reach saying BB only get 4-5. All depends on store traffic.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That was my local best buy last time.
    But nowhere near 100+ units that the OP thinks.
    Even my local walmart that is a very busy store only got 5 iPhones on release and not more came in for weeks.

8. oddnendz, Sep 1, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2014

oddnendz macrumors 6502

oddnendz

I had difficulty ordering a 5S online from Tmobile. I ended up ordering one from Apple.

ETA: It took an hour for the iPhone 5S to show up on the website on the night it went up for sale. Once it showed up there were problems at check out. If I was getting a iPhone 6, I would just go straight to Apple.

9. trife macrumors 6502

trife

Ordered two of the 5S on launch day via tmobile.com and had zero issues. Took about 5 minutes. The key was being ready to order just as they went live.

They were at my doorstep the following business day.

I can't see why this year would be any different.