iPad How does Refurb. iPad exchange work?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by LanEvo, Oct 30, 2012.

1. LanEvo macrumors 6502

Hey guys, I ordered a refurbed iPad 3 from Apple, and it arrived with a dent on the top casing this morning. How does it go for me to exchange it? I will be calling later on, have not had the time today, but please let me know?

2. Che Castro macrumors 603

I'm sure if you go to an apple store they will replace it with another refurb

3. Ipadlover29 macrumors 6502a

I was told refurbs had to be exchanged online and couldn't be done in store. Same with returns for refurbs. Got mine yesterday and it has quite a bit of backlight bleeding. I just an order for another one. Hopefully the second one will be better. I believe you can still do a warranty claim in store if your iPad is dented.

4. LanEvo thread starter macrumors 6502

I am on the phone with them now...

5. Loyola macrumors newbie

What does backlight bleeding mean? Will it be obvious that there is an issue? Is Apple good when you have the issue with a refurb? I ordered my refurb last night.

Thanks,

Kevin

6. Scott2345 macrumors regular

I hope that's not the case with mine, I'm getting it brought to me overseas.

7. LanEvo thread starter macrumors 6502

I got an exchange from them... They will be mailing it out again to me and I send them the dented one.

8. Ipadlover29 macrumors 6502a

It basically means your on black screen you will notice the light coming through the edges. Test this by going in dark room, brightness on highest and view a video or page that is black. In the past I've gotten an iPad 2 brand new that had this defect and they exchanged it in store under warranty. I believe you can only exchange online with refurbs. In my case I just placed an order for a second. This way I can compare the two and keep the best one. I've never had back light bleeding issues from the ones I bought in the store only the ones purchased online, shipped from China directly.

9. Baggio macrumors 6502

I have exchanged a refurb at the Apple store. It jut has to be under warranty.

10. Scott2345 macrumors regular

How bad was it dent?

11. LanEvo thread starter macrumors 6502

It was a noticeable sized one right next to the headphones port. If it was really minor, I would just let it go, but it was really noticeable where it took off the silver paint as well. Like a dent chipped off.

----------

I don't live near enough to one, and with gas prices... It's not really to my advantage, with the nearest one being an hour away.