How does right-click?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by teejayandjon, Jun 9, 2011.

1. teejayandjon macrumors newbie

So I finally decided to succumb to peer pressure and dip into my childrens college fund to buy a macbook pro. Now the only problem is, I can't find out how to right-click! I need to copy an important file and I'm not exactly sure how. Can someone help?

Also, on an unrelated note, can anyone recommend me some games for the mac?

Thanks!
    ~TJ

2. MacDawg, Jun 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2011

MacDawg macrumors Core

MacDawg

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Either right-click using the mouse or trackpad, or hold the Control key down while you click.

You mean Control+click, right?

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Depends on what you've got setup in the Settings app. Could be any (or all of) Control-Click, Click with two fingers, Tap with two fingers or Click on the bottom right of the track pad.

5. simsaladimbamba

CTRL + click/tap or you can click/tap with two fingers for right click. Look at System Preferences > Trackpad.
    Or use a mouse.
    Btw, to copy something you can use CMD+C, to paste just use CMD+V.

6. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

can't help you out on the games, but I can help you get your right-click back. Go to applications and select System Preferences.
    Click on trackpad.
    notice where the menu that says "one finger", you'll see a box for "secondary click". Make sure that box is checked, then select "bottom right corner" from the menu.
    Now you get right click functionality by clicking the bottom right corner of the trackpad.

7. eagandale4114 macrumors 65816

eagandale4114

Click on the apple on the top left side of the screen
    system preferences
    Trackpad
    Right click=secondary click/secondary tap

8. 42streetsdown macrumors 6502a

42streetsdown

Yes this. go to the mouse settings in System Preferences and set it up how you like. It's quite versatile. I personally like two finger tap. It might take a couple hours to get used to, but it's very intuitive. i hate using other trackpads now lol

9. teejayandjon thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks!

But I saw my son playing on his PC this cool game called Crysis, and I was wondering if they had something similar on the mac?

~TJ

10. 42streetsdown macrumors 6502a

42streetsdown

Blizzard games are great. and there are some interesting games coming to the app store. there are a decent number of mac games on Steam including Portal 1 and 2 which are awesome.

11. teejayandjon thread starter macrumors newbie

[​IMG]

12. ratzzo macrumors 6502a

ratzzo

Posts above seem complicated to me. You can right click by simply pushing down your finger (clicking) the trackpad on the lower right section of the rectangle. Alternatively, tap with two fingers option through Sys. Preferences. Games? Mmm... All of Blizzard's games work with Mac OS X, Portal 2 just came out, Im personally waiting for Diablo III set for Q4 of this year :)

13. simsaladimbamba

The post you found complicated, did explain how to right click in Mac OS X quite well. They even explained how to set it up properly. What was so complicated about those posts?

14. MacDawg macrumors Core

MacDawg

Yup, I was at work on my Windows machine and not in front of my Mac

15. ratzzo macrumors 6502a

ratzzo

Personally, anyway, I find it at least odd to use right click through use of Control :D

16. Hydrocity macrumors 6502a

This pissed me off soooo much! I was trying everything to get my right click working. I had the system prefs correctly, I was messing with the in game settings, but I couldnt get the 2nd portal to shoot!

30 min later, I realized I didnt have the second portal gun yet.... (portal 1)

17. marc11 macrumors 68000

Huh??? To right click just click with two fingers instead of one. Boom right click. So one finger, left click, two fingers (pointer and middle) makes a right click....boy you guys with the control, Apple, stand on one foot clicks make it hard...

18. NZed macrumors 65816

NZed

Nice move

19. gullySn0wCat macrumors 6502

Install Windows with bootcamp and play! :D