How does Spore run on Alum Macbook?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by CSilver, Feb 9, 2009.

1. CSilver macrumors 6502

Hi, I have 2.0GHz Alum Macbook with 2GB Memory. I recently installed Spore and I got to the Civilization stage but for some reason it was so slow when it told me to design the city. Is that normal for Alum Macbook??

Do I need the Ram upgraded? I am kind of disappointed the Macbook is not being able to run SPORE.... its SPORE!!!... Oh the setting was just default medium I think.

-Chris-
    p.s. Any other games that run on OSX on 2.0GHz base model??

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

IMHO, Spore is a great concept, but the worst gameplay. At least, that is how the iPhone versions are. Where you running anything else, such as Safari, Mail, etc? Maybe take a look at Activity Monitor to see what processes spike during that stage?

3. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

The desktop version is even worse than the iPhone game, it's just terrible, biggest disappointment of the year. Will Wright sold out to casual gamers.

4. 0makol16 macrumors regular

0makol16

Spore will run very well, I have the same latop. It runs on Medium/Low but I cranked it up to medium/high at it still runs well.

5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Your sentiment is certainly backed by by your avatar... :D

Hopefully Galactic Adventures will add more of what we were promised.

I basically just want my terraformed planets to stay how they were when I left... It's so annoying to make a one island, all water planet or a huge planet (max out the terrain all over) and then have it revert to its original state seconds later...

6. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

I just realized that :eek:

The creature creation portion of the game is a fun TOY, as a game though in general, Spore is pretty shallow.

7. Lincoln 6 Echo macrumors member

hahah what? Spore is shallow? If anything it was supposed to be the opposite of that, with incredible depth, options, and outcomes.

I've never played it only read about it, so please explain. I was thinking of getting it myself.

8. troublesomekila macrumors member

it runs fine, i have the 2.0 alu macbook and it runs just fine. As for spore I thought it was fun up until the space stage, then it got real real boring

9. VPrime macrumors 68000

VPrime

Reading about what it was supposed] to be and what it actually turned out to be is completely different.
    The game was a total let down. Pretty much all the cool stuff they planned and talked about are not in the game.

10. CSilver thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, it ran fine until I moved on to Civilization stage... I am going to try it once more right now and see what makes it so laggy... Thanks guys for the help here.

-Chris-
    p.s. I am also downloading the WOW trail version to see if my Macbook is the problem...

Update: I am not sure what caused the problem before but it ran fine last night. For some reason... I am already getting bored of Spore...:confused: Oh no... Maybe I should of went for WOW or something...