Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

omizzle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 5, 2009
I definitely want to get a warranty from somewhere and I need a place that will cover accidental handling.

I can get a warranty from best buy for like 13/month or a 2 year square trade warranty for $99.

anyone have experience with squaretrade warranties? How is their service?

carrako

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2008
I definitely want to get a warranty from somewhere and I need a place that will cover accidental handling.

I can get a warranty from best buy for like 13/month or a 2 year square trade warranty for $99.

anyone have experience with squaretrade warranties? How is their service?

Just added my iPhone 4 to SquareTrade this afternoon. I had a squaretrade warranty for my 3GS for the past year, and service was EXCELLENT. I cracked my screen, they sent me a pre-pain shipping box (well protected) very fast, i shipped it to them, the repaired it, shipped it back...end of story. Just like new. It was one of the easiest non-local service experiences I have had.

I definitely recommend them, and their warranty prices are very good. IMO

emaja

macrumors 68000
May 3, 2005
Chicago, IL
I am not sure, but I don't think BB covers physical damage. Make sure they do before making that decision.

ST is a better value since they either fix it or send you a check for a replacement. From what read, they will give you the money needed to replace the phone at the unsubsidized price since you will have to buy it again and most likely not get the subsidized price.

omizzle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 5, 2009
I am not sure, but I don't think BB covers physical damage. Make sure they do before making that decision.

ST is a better value since they either fix it or send you a check for a replacement. From what read, they will give you the money needed to replace the phone at the unsubsidized price since you will have to buy it again and most likely not get the subsidized price.

Bestbuy covers physical damage and has no deductible, but is going to be much more expensive in the long run..

i think im going to check with homeowners insurance and see how much that will be also

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.