Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nifta

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 17, 2014
Could someone with the new ATV let me know how it handles multiple iTunes accounts?

I'm British but live in Sweden and my iPhone has a selection of apps installed that are exclusive to the Swedish store, British store and American app stores. I have an iTunes account for each region.

I install the apps on my iPhone using the appropriate account and then generally switch back and stay in the Swedish store for day-to-day. It works fine for me like this; i.e I get to keep the bbc iplayer (exclusive to Britain) and Pandora (exclusive to usa store) when signed in with my Swedish account.

On the old ATV, when you switched iTunes accounts, the 'apps/channels' switched about depending on which region iTunes Store was currently signed in.

Does the new ATV behave more like an iPhone; i.e. The apps stay installed when you switch between different iTunes accounts?

Ewan Hoozarmy

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2007
Cambridge, UK
Could someone with the new ATV let me know how it handles multiple iTunes accounts?

I'm British but live in Sweden and my iPhone has a selection of apps installed that are exclusive to the Swedish store, British store and American app stores. I have an iTunes account for each region.

I install the apps on my iPhone using the appropriate account and then generally switch back and stay in the Swedish store for day-to-day. It works fine for me like this; i.e I get to keep the bbc iplayer (exclusive to Britain) and Pandora (exclusive to usa store) when signed in with my Swedish account.

On the old ATV, when you switched iTunes accounts, the 'apps/channels' switched about depending on which region iTunes Store was currently signed in.

Does the new ATV behave more like an iPhone; i.e. The apps stay installed when you switch between different iTunes accounts?

Yes it does behave like the iPhone. I'm in the UK but have also got a US iTunes account. I logged in to my US account and downloaded the trailers app, then switched back to UK. The app was still there :)

Reactions: nifta
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.