How does the battery in the iPhone 4 compare to the iPhone 3g?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Shorties, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Shorties macrumors 6502a

I, like a lot of people, have a 3G iPhone, but all the comparisons for battery life are to the 3GS, I was wondering what the percentage of increases was for all the stats. (Plus the 3G specs for battery because I just can't remember). I am mostly interested in streaming video, and streaming audio, the thing that kills my iPhone the most is streaming from my Slingbox which gives me 1.5-2.5 hours of battery life depending on circumstances (This is all over 3G) I figured if I had the percentage increases I could guesstimate my battery life for the slingplayer.

And if anyone cares (Doubt it, but I figured I would mention this) I have a chargeblock which is why I can deal with sling killing my battery. (And that charges my battery about 80% which was another thing I wanted to try to guestimate for the new iPhone).

2. ThE.MeSsEnGeR macrumors 6502a

ThE.MeSsEnGeR

3. Shorties thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh Perfect, It looks like I'll get anywhere between 2-3.5 hours on sling over 3G just through my estimates. Maybe with the new antenna structure I'll actually be able to access the Wi-Fi at work and take advantage of that huge increase of battery life over Wi-Fi. (I work in a led lined vault so I only get 0-1 little radio wave bars of Wi-Fi on the 3G iPhone, though surprisingly I get 5 bars of 3G, I think we have a tower next to our building)