Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Canadia69

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 11, 2016
very excited about the waterproofing of the phone. Mainly because it's in my daily routine to take a bath (or shower) and bring my waterproof Bluetooth speaker and just relaxing on my phone. But you probably noticed that when the display is wet or has drops of water on it, it messed up the touch sensors...doesn't always work until I dry it

Just now I watch the "introducing iPhone 7" video by Apple and noticed that there's a woman that seems to be using her phone in the rain (pic posted)...

So do you think that they made the touch sensor capable of differentiating between actual fingers and water drops?? Will I be able to use my phone when it is wet?

Really hopes so

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1 MB · Views: 119

burntice

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2012
Everything I've read states the phone responds well in water. However once it's wet you are suppose to wait 5 hour before charging it.

I'm personally happy to see this new feature but not mentally prepared to expose my phone to water on purpose.

Canadia69

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 11, 2016
Everything I've read states the phone responds well in water. However once it's wet you are suppose to wait 5 hour before charging it.

I'm personally happy to see this new feature but not mentally prepared to expose my phone to water on purpose.

I'm not worried at all about damage...my 6S+ got wet daily and I never encountered any problems..its just being able to use it while wet ... Very curious to try it out

burntice

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2012
I'm not worried at all about damage...my 6S+ got wet daily and I never encountered any problems..its just being able to use it while wet ... Very curious to try it out

Yea mine has gotten a lil wet from time to time. Nothing like getting out of the shower your phone is ringing and you can't answer it because your fingers are damp.

Good luck though l!
Post a video of you getting it all wet and how it reacts. Of course not while you are in the shower.

Reactions: Canadia69

steve62388

macrumors 68040
Apr 23, 2013
I don't know about the new 7 but it's impossible to unlock the old Touch ID sensors when you're slightly sweaty. And I'm not talking dripping in sweat sweaty after intense exercise, I find it impossible on a hot day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.