How does the in-store pickup option work?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zooby, Sep 22, 2014.

1. zooby, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  2. JawneeWin macrumors 6502

You select the store and configurations you want. You complete the purchase. You get a processing email, then you get a second email regarding your order. You take your your order number or print the second email out. Bring that with your ID. Once you purchase it, the phone is specifically reserved for you/ You're good to go.

3. tgi macrumors 65816

tgi

This. The box with have white sticker with your name in huge letters (at least mine did), you'll have a week to pick it up.

4. dave420 macrumors 65816

I guess I am not the only on confused about that, as I had the same issue today. Apple.com showed the phone as "available today" and when we went to the store they said they had none available. Checking the site after leaving the store showed the same result. Honestly I left very confused and disappointed in the whole experience.

(Why didn't I order one before I got there? Neither of us had seen the phones in person yet and we wanted to compare the sizes before making a final decision.)

5. JawneeWin macrumors 6502

Mines didn't have my name on it, and today, I went to pick up my case. The Employee said their system said I didn't pick up my phone yet. I could've gotten another phone for free. lol But I believe in something called karma :p Tempting though. lol

6. Glene macrumors 6502

You have to buy it online at that store, not reserve or other stuff, but do the whole transaction closed online. Then you will receive a confirm email and a few hours later an email approving pick up. Print it out and go down, sooner the better, mine had a preprinted big label stuck to the box with my name on it.
    Took 10 min in store....PAINLESS

7. dancedreamfly macrumors member

Can I authorize someone else to pick the phone up for me?

8. JawneeWin macrumors 6502

yes. Upon checkout, there's an option for someone else to pick up the phone.

9. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Ya you have to buy it online for in store pickup for you to get one

10. dancedreamfly macrumors member

Thanks, that helps.

11. tgi macrumors 65816

tgi

That's very honest of you and you made the right choice. I think it would have caught up to you one way or another.

12. samk2099 macrumors member

I reserved and payed since Sunday and til now have not received my notification to pick up.