How does the iPhone Developer Application work?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by Josh Kahane, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Josh Kahane macrumors 6502

Hi

Many of you may have seen I am only beginning to learn C and Objective-C however this is purely through interest, and hopefully future reference. Sorry I did search long and hard and couldn't find anything on this.

I was wondering how the iPhone Developer Application works? And to test your apps on your actual iPhone, do you install a special dev OS? Interested in how it all works. That is if your allowed to tell me. :)

2. jnic macrumors 6502a

You apply, pay your $99 and you can then code-sign your apps so that they will run on the device. You don't need any new/special software on the device itself.

See the FAQ for more details.

3. tukangsodok macrumors newbie

if you dont want pay $99 because you still learn, this way i think help to you.
    You still can install your app to device without pay $99.
    step 1 jailbreak your iphone (jaibreak make your iphone bypass code sign)
    step 2 create keychain "iphone Developer"

step 3 in xcode - > project - > edit project setting -> Add User - Defined Setting ......... PROVISIONING_PROFILE_ALLOWED : NO and PROVISIONING_PROFILE_REQUIRED : NO

Step 4 add in info.plist - > SignerIdentity : Apple iPhone OS Application Signing

Step 5 choose Device - Iphone OS 2.2 dont forget your device plugin...

some error display in status bar.... ignore that... your app ready in your iphone..