How does the Note 3 camera stack-up against iphone 5??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by phatjoe, Jan 12, 2014.

1. phatjoe macrumors member

Hi,

This may be a silly question to ask on an Apple based forum, but I know many of you have experience with a boat load of different cell phones...

I may take advantage of T-Mobile's offering and switch from AT&T. I want a bigger screen, and I'm only looking at the Note 3 (not interested in S4).

My only hesitation is the camera on the Note 3. I'm hoping someone can speak objectively on the camera of the Note 3. Maybe someone has made the change from the iphone 5 to the Note 3 (or vice versa), and can speak to the camera differences. I'm interested in your thoughts!

I'll be back to Apple when the come out with a bigger screen. I know that may be within the next few months...but I'm impatient for a bigger screen. :rolleyes:

2. serega macrumors regular

It's a lot better camera on my wife's Note 2 than on my 5S. I compare on computer monitor, not just on phones.

3. ross1998 macrumors 6502a

Although I haven't used the note 3, I've used the Galaxy s4 camera and I would say its on par with the iPhone 5s which I'm currently using.

4. osofast240sx macrumors 68030

osofast240sx

In most cases you will not be able to tell the difference.

5. kat.hayes macrumors 6502a

I had a 4S, Note 2 and now a Note3. The Note3 camera is garbage. Lots of blurry pics and horrible low light performance. Do a search and read what others have said. Buy the Note 3 for the HUGE display and amazing flexibility of Android, do not buy it for the camera...

6. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

I've not used the note 3 but I have used the camera on the S4. I'd say overall the 5S has a better camera. The S4 can take some awesome shots, however you have to fiddle about with the settings to get a nice shot, whereas with the 5S you can just pull out your phone and snap away. Also the 5S performs better in low light. However if you are interested in photography and are good at taking shots then the S4 is just fine.

----------

I got this a lot with my S4, it was only when I played around with the settings and spent a lot of time to focus my shots that I got decent pics. I was quite disappointed with the camera as it wasn't as easy to use as the camera on my original note.

7. pdqgp, Jan 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2014