How Does the plastic on your 2G iPhone look now?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by v-roc, Jun 26, 2008.

1. v-roc macrumors newbie

I've heard a lot of talk about people saying that the plastic will scratch on the 3G iPhone. I currently have a 2G iPhone since launch and the plastic on the bottom of mine is barely scratched. I'm pretty rough with my phone and I don't use a case. Hopefully the plastic they use will be better than what is on the current one now. Just wondering for those that don't use a case how is your plastic bottom holding up. :apple:

2. MyJelleo macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

I was thinking the same thing. The plastic on my iPhone is still looking new.

3. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

The plastic on the current iPhone is matte whereas the plastic on the iPhone 3G appears shiny, could be very different.

4. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

I think you're right. Glossy v. Matte - big difference......

5. Loonytik macrumors 6502a

Loonytik

The matte black is much more resistent to scratching. I think I posted about 4 times on this exact subject when the rumor of the plastic back came out. I was really hoping that if it was plastic (which it turned out to be) that it would be a matte finish instead.

Oh well, theres always brillow pads to dull that ridiculous shine!