How does the pre-order system work in the UK

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Alandalf, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Alandalf macrumors newbie

I've never pre-ordered a phone before so I have a few questions.
    1) do you give O2 all your personal details and CC details bofore the launch then when it launches you just go into the store and pick it up?
    2) How big will the que be at an average town O2 at open?
    3) Will they do midnight launch?
    :apple::apple:CANT WAIT:apple::apple:

2. egraphixstudios macrumors 6502

egraphixstudios

i'm planning to order payg from apple online and have it delivered through the postal system. easy and stress free.

3. duction macrumors 6502a

duction

4. db2431 macrumors regular

Me too, waiting on what the PAYG sim will offer as getting o2 unlimited 3g data for a year was a massive selling point for me, now they have capped it its really taken away one of the main features for me.Hopefully one of the other providers will also have a PAYG iphone on apple store with a better PAYG sim deal.

5. egraphixstudios macrumors 6502

egraphixstudios

I popped into my local 3 shop and carphone warehouse, asked both shops:

Will you be taking pre-orders: Both stores said no.
    3 said they can take down contact details (ie pre-order) for contracts only atm. not payg.

Will you early or extended opening hours on the day? both said most likely.

Both stores did mention they dont have any further information, they have only recieved limited information from their head offices. No prices either for payg handsets, however the manager at the 3 shop said the 16gb will be in the region of £500. :eek:

6. flipshot macrumors 6502a

O2 didn't do pre-orders last year, you could only buy on the day. So no one really can answer these questions until O2 release more information.

7. InfernoUk macrumors 6502

o2 and carphone have both told me they arent doing pre orders its first to the door gets them

8. nednarm macrumors 6502

Anyone know if you can use a debit card to pay or does it have to be a credit card? I know you have to use one in the U.S just wondering if it's the same here.