How does the Switch work?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gallinger, Oct 9, 2007.

1. gallinger macrumors regular

How does it work when you bring your broken iPhone into an AT&T store? do you need a receipt? will they give you a new phone right there? Or do all the problem iPhones have to go to apple stores?

2. TheotherJoseph macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3A109a Safari/419.3)

You will need to take it to a apple store or call apple for repair or replacement. At&t will not exchange it even if your within the 14 day period

3. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Take it to apple. They may give you a new one, a refurbed one, or send that out and try to fix it. I am not sure how it works, but it should be one of those three.

4. Cinemagic macrumors 6502

You do not need a receipt. Your activated your phone through iTunes and Apple has all your information. They will either exchange your phone (if it is within the exchange time period) or they will give you a loaner while your phone is being repaired (depending upon the mood of the Apple "genius'), or they will rent you (for $29) an iPhone while yours is being repaired. They'll put your SIM chip in the new or replacement phone. Be sure to save your photos, etc. first.

AT&T will not have anything to do with the iPhone repair. hey only sell them and provide service. Beyond that you'll have to deal with Apple.

5. chr1s60 macrumors 68000

chr1s60

I was with my friend today when he got his iPhone replaced. First off, you need to go to an Apple store because they are the ones that honor the warranty. Second, you do not need a receipt, from the IMEI and Serial Number Apple can see when you activated and all that kind of stuff. My friend was having problems with his phone freezing a lot so the tech played around with the phone for a few mins before saying they would give him a new phone. He simply went in the back, got a new phone, swapped the SIM card and my friend signed a paper saying it was swapped. It took a total of about 10 minutes for everything. There was not talk about repair or a loner phone, just a simple replacement. My friend has had his phone for about a month and a half too.