Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thatpluslife

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 4, 2015
I'm a little confused on how to do that. I want to get my phone earlier than it being shipped to me in the afternoon. Do you have to have an account or something to do the hold?

Watabou

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2008
United States
I don't know about Fedex, but for UPS when the tracking number gets sent, you just click on a button on the tracking page to hold the package. When the package arrives in your UPS facility, you just go in and pick it up. Easy.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
You can make an account if you'd like. I think you may need one for them to hold it at a certain location. FedEx always delivers to me before 10:30am so i'm good with that. UPS is random and sometimes as early as 9am or as late as 7pm.

thatpluslife

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 4, 2015
I don't know about Fedex, but for UPS when the tracking number gets sent, you just click on a button on the tracking page to hold the package. When the package arrives in your UPS facility, you just go in and pick it up. Easy.
You can make an account if you'd like. I think you may need one for them to hold it at a certain location. FedEx always delivers to me before 10:30am so i'm good with that. UPS is random and sometimes as early as 9am or as late as 7pm.

Awesome. Thanks guys. Yeah ups in my area delivers super late so I'll definitely choose that option. I'll be first in line lol

techiegirl

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2007
Make sure you don't have it held at/rerouted to a UPS or Fedex store. That has taken an extra day for my deliveries in previous years.

thatpluslife

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 4, 2015
Make sure you don't have it held at/rerouted to a UPS or Fedex store. That has taken an extra day for my deliveries in previous years.

Do I hold it at a ups store or a service center? because In my area I have stores and service centers

bkends35

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2013
USA
Think I may preorder for the first time.

Does apple require the package to be signed for?

mjcxp

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2008
Think I may preorder for the first time.

Does apple require the package to be signed for?
Yes. I have ordered them every year in the past and they have required indirect signature confirmation. You can either sign for it when it is delivered or print a delivery confirmation page and sign it to allow them to release the iPhone. You place the piece of paper on your front door.

Reactions: bkends35
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.