How does the whole college student promo work?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ronmaverick88, Jun 6, 2008.

1. ronmaverick88 macrumors member

hi i planned on getting a macbook pro sometime this year. i was wondering what is needed 4 the rebate? i called Apple & the rep laughed in my face claiming not to have EVER heard of anything like it. i hear you get a MBP and a free iPod Touch. Do you HAVE to be a NEW college student? i do not have my new ID yet but my mom still has her student number from a community college, she says its still active. My grandma is a teacher for her 4th year or so. Would any of theirs work for the free iPod deal?

2. ronmaverick88 thread starter macrumors member

also the 17" seem a little too big for my needs, if i only used it at home size would not be an issue. Is it possible to get the 15" to run just like a 17" with no slow down and the top notch graphics card? does the keyboard still light up & all? im not a techy person so could someone explain this to me also? thanks!

3. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

You should read the Back to School Promo Terms and Conditions. It should confirm for you that students need only to be accepted to a college (even if not yet attending) and that teachers are also eligible.

4. ronmaverick88 thread starter macrumors member

ok thanks. My pc broke so it's been hard looking this up.