How does this happen, as in not in store?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by vanimal, Apr 10, 2015.

1. vanimal macrumors 6502a

How does a company like Apple allow this to happen? I mean is this a strategy? If its available April 10th there damn well better be display models and HORADS of them in the back. So anyone who wants one can leave with ONE!

Hell, hand them out like Jesus did with bread! They should be making sure ANYONE who touches one needs to leave with one!

I planned on going to the store and possibly strongly leaving with one. That is fun to me, as long as i don't have to deal with no stupid lines.

2. vanimal thread starter macrumors 6502a

Im just curious i find it funny, if you missed my sarcasm. Im actually turned off from this not being able to buy one in store and changed my mind on "ordering" one online . Im sure they won't miss my $1300 though. :cool:

3. scabello macrumors newbie

If they are not in the stores in the US today then I will be shocked. I am sure they will be in stock. the online site says 1-3 days delivery.. of course they are in the store.

If they are not it would be an epic fail.

I think the inventory counts just show 0 or Apple is being conservative with the estimate (for US) where it says apr22 for everybody

4. Mildredop macrumors 68020

You're curious that you find it funny?

5. vanimal thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bro.... Its 4:21 am EST. I don't have time to proof read my posts lol. And I'm watching Jaws in the background, the ending scene. Im blindly typing. :D

6. dexterbell macrumors 6502a

I was told by several Apple employees here in CA as well as over the phone I could order at midnight for pick-up in store Friday morning, not the case. Im thinking no stores will be getting them in, especially after reading this...

http://www.digitaltrends.com/apple/apple-watch-macbook-online/

7. vanimal thread starter macrumors 6502a

I think it would be too. But hey thats just my opinion. Id like to actually "touch" it first to see if i 100% want it.

8. scabello macrumors newbie

The article encourages buying online and educating customers to stop being silly and waiting in line (albeit i think that only helps boost demand and sales.. so this is a bad PR move in my view)

Apple has stores for a reason and i can assure you the macbook and watches will be available in stores for purchase. There is zero possibility that the stores have no macbooks friday. now do they have enough to meet demand? who knows

9. pasadena macrumors 6502a

pasadena

Well, we'll see. I'll visit a couple of stores tomorrow as one of my friends wants to try the Watch and we have 3 stores in a few miles radius.

10. vanimal thread starter macrumors 6502a

I would also like to know if i have to get up at what 9am? Its already 4:27am. By the time i pass out it will be 5:30. I would be pretty unhappy if i got up at 9am and drove to BB and Apple for no reason lol.

11. dexterbell macrumors 6502a

I hope your friend has an appointment to try the Watch tomorrow, thats the only way you can

12. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

I'm at one of their flagship stores in Washington DC right now and they do not have it in stock for sale.