Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nygiants242

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 11, 2007
I just got an iPad for my grandfather (who doesn't own a mac). I just wanted to know how it works for uploading photos onto the iPad as there isn't that easy album-iPhoto-way of doing it.

Thanks! :)

shadowness

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2010
You can use iTunes to upload your photos to iPad! Just go to the photos section of iTunes and point to your photo library, or just specify individual folders to sync with your idevice. So every time you sync your iPad your photo collection will be synced!

Zimmy68

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Also, and I have never tried it, when you connect an iPad to a PC, it should open up like a hard drive.
It always asks me if I want to view the pictures on it.
I have pulled pictures from the iPad, I'm sure it works the other way.

reckless2k2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
I use that photo app in the app store to transfer to the iPad. There's no need for iTunes and such. It costs a few dollars but it's worth it. It's so easy to use.

shadowness

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2010
Also, and I have never tried it, when you connect an iPad to a PC, it should open up like a hard drive.
It always asks me if I want to view the pictures on it.
I have pulled pictures from the iPad, I'm sure it works the other way.

I am sorry! this is a one way process! you can copy all that you want from the dcim folder, but cant copy s***! back to this folder!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.