Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Healthy or unhealthy?

• Total voters

MisterMillz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 12, 2011
FL, USA
Included a photo of my girlfriend's 38MM (top) to my 42MM (bottom). Obviously my watch is bigger and expected to allow a little more usage out of it, but would you say this is a solid standby to usage case? She's been having battery issues since receiving her watch and this is the first time I recall it reaching double digit standby figures! Should note this is a replacement as well. Maybe 3 days in.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 180

nicho

macrumors 601
Feb 15, 2008
Included a photo of my girlfriend's 38MM (top) to my 42MM (bottom). Obviously my watch is bigger and expected to allow a little more usage out of it, but would you say this is a solid standby to usage case? She's been having battery issues since receiving her watch and this is the first time I recall it reaching double digit standby figures! Should note this is a replacement as well. Maybe 3 days in.

that looks pretty similar to mine.

ruffage

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2013
near the powercore
My 38mm's been brilliant. Took it on a 12k run this morning, with the workout and Runkeeper apps running. Checked it a few times mid run and paused my workout a few times. Got home an hour later and battery life was about 81%. I charged it whilst I showered and it was back to 100%. Back on my wrist and 10 hours later with notifications through the day and it's showing 84% battery.

Every night I'm docking it with >25% remaining.

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2015
I'm getting pretty good usage and standby on my 38mm All default settings. 3 hours plus of usage and 16-18 hours off charger most days. There's usually 20-25% charge left when I plug in. I've only hit power reserve twice in the 6 weeks I've had it. Once was right at the beginning and the second time included an hour bike ride and then letting my son play with it a lot. Like "ruffage" above, on days that I workout (2-3 X per week) I charge while in the shower.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.