How Does Your Hackintosh Geekbench?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by spcopsmac21, Feb 24, 2010.

1. spcopsmac21 macrumors member

this is what I managed to get out of my $1000.00 Hackintosh project. It hold up pretty well to the Mac Pro's considering their cost and performance compared to mine.
    Does anyone Have a hackintosh they would like to post the Geekbench of?:apple:

Attached Files:

2. Cindori macrumors 68040

Cindori

this is not a hackintosh forum. while I do think there is discussion to be made of mac pro vs hacks, an all hackintosh-thread certainly does not belong here

3. Creative One macrumors 6502

Creative One

Actually, you are aloud to talk about hackintosh's. There is nothing wrong with them. Personally, if I didn't love the look and simplicity of genuine Apple products, I would be using a Hackintosh.

4. Cindori macrumors 68040

Cindori

I'm well aware, as you can see in my sig I have one of the largest hackintosh threads here. But I made it from a Mac Pro vs Hack Pro point of view. after all this forum is called Apple Hardware > Desktops > Mac Pro, Power Mac

5. NoManIsland macrumors regular

I think that Cindori's point is valid: this is a forum for users of Apple PowerMac and MacPro computers, and although Hackintosh talk is not forbidden here, it seems inappropriate to have a thread comparing Hackintoshes to Hackintoshs - there are osx86 forums for that. I'd like to further add that spcopsmac21 is demonstrating the kind of immature and inflammatory behaviour that I have so happily seen absent elsewhere on this forum.

6. Creative One macrumors 6502

Creative One

Pardon me, I miss interpreted. I thought you were referring MacRumors as a whole.

Again, apologies.

However, in another forum, I feel this OP is not immature, and completely valid.

7. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

mine hits about 4,000 ;)

not bad for a $500Aus ($~400US) machine.

8. lemonade-maker macrumors 6502

lemonade-maker

dell inspiron 530 g6600 3ghz 8gb score = 7122

9. hugodrax macrumors 6502a

My time is too valuable to be messing around with building computers and trying to hack it up to run OS X and troubleshooting it.

And the last thing I would want is some unsupported computer with a hacked on OS. Beside My workstation has paid for itself a long time ago and then some, with the first block of contracts sold on CBOE.

10. Techhie macrumors 65816

Techhie

I was for a short while considering building a machine rather than paying for MP '10, but as hugodrax said, time is to valuable to waste on software modification.

11. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

No software modification needed. You can use a retail version of Snow Leopard nowadays. ;)

12. Techhie macrumors 65816

Techhie

Maybe its just me showing my age (at 17?). I used to be a part of the community when doing it meant compiling custom code modifications, and basically fending for yourself. Today it is so much different, I see 12 year-olds labeling themselves as "hackers" because they clicked a button for an injection to enable QE/CI :rolleyes:

We will see what March brings us in terms of Mac Pro hardware, the ~$1,700 in savings by going to the dark side could be spent on so many different things :)