Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

h00ligan

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 10, 2003
London
Did apple mention if how they finish the black aluminum? I'm coming from a matte black pebble steel on which the finish grassed extremely fast. It had put me off ordering the space grey but then I thought about space grey iPads etc, which are pretty durable providing you don't gouge them

So how is your space grey holding up?

cruzmisl

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2012
Just like any anodized aluminum a hard enough nick/scratch is going to show shiny underneath, even more so with the SG due to the contrast. There have been multiple examples on the forum (or reddit, i forget) of damage to the SG finish. You just have to be careful.

h00ligan

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 10, 2003
London
Just like any anodized aluminum a hard enough nick/scratch is going to show shiny underneath, even more so with the SG due to the contrast. There have been multiple examples on the forum (or reddit, i forget) of damage to the SG finish. You just have to be careful.

Thanks I'll see if I can dig around and find it. Makes me second guess the purchase

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.