How durable are the 6 Plus'

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by marty1990, Feb 18, 2015.

1. marty1990 macrumors 6502

I finally got the Plus. First day a friend throws it around and shakes it. No drops.

I assume that wouldn't cause any problems, they're durable enough for that?

New toy, a bit overprotective.

2. Tulani macrumors 6502a

Tulani

people need to respect others property and shake their own toys

3. Zxxv macrumors 68040

get a new friend or learn to stand up for yourself. i.e. punch them and scare the ****er

4. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

I have had my 6+ now for 3 months or so. it's in a rather small, cheap plastic hard case. i don't treat my phones with much respect, and it's held up very very well. example: dropped it in the running shower the first day. dropped it on tiles the 2nd day. no real issues, nothings broken, no scratches (thanks to case). and it's not bent.

should be fine, unless you doing something out of the ordinary

5. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

As much as your friends enjoy playing with you new phone, I would think about which one would replace it if they dropped and damaged it. I have witnessed a brand new phone dropped face down with glass shattered by someone's friend and it was only two days old. The story did not end well and the owner ended up replacing the new phone. Lesson learned.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

You're not being over protective, I'm not sure how good a friend is that will throw a brand new phone. I suggest you have a discussion with him regarding respecting people's property and/or find a new friend.

7. CEmajr macrumors 601

No way a friend is tossing around my nearly $1K toy.

I just use an ultra thin "like nothing is there" case and my phone still looks perfect after over a month of constantly going in and out of pockets and sitting on my car GPS mount.

8. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

My 6 plus is 3 months old and it's been in and out of my bags and pockets. I keep it in the Apple silicone case. It's still in excellent condition, no bends, scratches or scuffs. As long as you treat it with a modicum of respect you'll be fine.

9. andyw715 macrumors 6502a

I use an Apple Leather case on mine. It has fallen a few times with no damage.

It also took a swim in the toilet* for about 3-4 seconds, and (knock on wood) so far so good. Works fine,

* clean toilet :)

10. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

To be honest, I'm surprised why the majority have chosen to lecture the OP on his lifestyle choices and not really answer his question. I mean, that's his own personal business - etc..

11. marty1990 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah don't worry they won't be touching it again.

So, due to the fact the iPhone supports shake to undo, I assume what he did wouldn't do anything to my phone, correct?

I plan on keeping this the next couple of years so wanna know if it can stand up to stuff like that.

12. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

these things are pretty durable.
    cosmetic-wise, theyre not. but functionaility wise, they are.

13. Jase718 macrumors member

14. cymolia macrumors 6502a

I'd murk my friend if he ever did something like that

15. kycophpd macrumors 6502a

kycophpd

Show the how the slow mo mode works!!! It would probably show their face moving very slowly backwards when you punch them for tossing it around.

16. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

As long as your camera, buttons, speaker and microphones are working, and the screen isn't damaged, you should be good to go.

It can, to a point. A couple accidental bits of rough handling now and then shouldn't be too bad. "Friends" deliberately roughing up your expensive phone is kinda asking for trouble, and you just might get it.