How durable is the camera lens on the iphone 6+?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by G-Ziss, Nov 26, 2014.

1. G-Ziss macrumors regular

I got an iphone 6+ a little over a week ago and until I get a protective case, I've been storing it in the box it came in.

Today, I realized that there is a little indent for the camera lens in the plastic tray inside where I've been storing it, but I may have been putting it in the tray the opposite way so that the lens is not placed in the indent and now I'm worried that I may have damaged the lens by doing so.

Should I be worried about this? Can putting the phone back in the tray the wrong way damage the lens? Is there a way I can tell whether or not the lens has been damaged or scratched in any way?

2. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

The lens is sapphire covered and will take significant effort to scratch it in any meaningful way.

Storing it the wrong way in the box does not qualify. ;)

3. G-Ziss thread starter macrumors regular

4. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Your good. It is tougher than it looks and would take a good bit to damage it.

Hope you enjoy your new phone.:)

5. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

For the most part, the only things that could easily scartch the lens would have to be made of sapphire or diamond. Unless your box lining is encrusted with sapphire and diamond jewels, it's highly unlikely it'll scratch your lens.

There are a lot of people (myself included) who put their camera lenses through worse, and they're still shiny and perfectly smooth. You'll be fine. :)

6. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

i had an iphone 4 without a case for two years.
    lens still completely smooth.

i dont see why this wouldnt be the case for the 6.

7. G-Ziss thread starter macrumors regular