How early are you getting in line?

RJS108

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
If you're camping out Thursday night for a 6+, what store are you going to, and how early are you getting in line?

ToddH

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2010
Central Tx
I'm going to my local AT&T store (one of them) about 10pm.

How will BATHROOM BREAKS be handled? What if you have to toss some mud / generate a mud slide? Is your place in line saved?

T

falcora

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2011
Probably around noon on Thursday. Going to be there with a bunch of coworkers, and I luckily have the flexibility to work while in line, so it's not too crazy I suppose.

617aircav

Suspended
Jul 2, 2012

How will BATHROOM BREAKS be handled? What if you have to toss some mud / generate a mud slide? Is your place in line saved?

T
Depend on the people in line. Usually the early birds set the rules. Once you identify each other it should not be a problem as long as you are not gone for hours. Best thing to do is to have a family member take your place till you return.

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
Probably around noon on Thursday. Going to be there with a bunch of coworkers, and I luckily have the flexibility to work while in line, so it's not too crazy I suppose.
Wow, crazy.

I'm going 3 AM to the Apple Store here in NW LA. If that's too late, oh well. I can't do more than 5 hours in a line. Just no way.

:apple:

falcora

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2011

T
Most people are super chill about leaving and getting back in line. I've never had an issue with leaving to take a bathroom break, or even taking 30 minutes to run over to a restaurant and grab food. As long as you are there >85% of the time, in my experience you are fine. Your experience may vary, but at my Apple store, that has always been my experience.

mactumors

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2008
And what are all of your reasons for waiting in line? Does the model you want not ship for a while so you didn't preorder? Or just for the experience?

falcora

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2011
Are you guys bringing lawn chairs? Would this be ok inside of a mall?
Malls will vary, but yeah we have always been fine bringing lawn chairs, bean bag chairs, mini fridge, extension cords, power strips, flat screen tv's, etc. They had us right outside the mall though. Most malls won't let you camp inside the mall.

falcora

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2011
And what are all of your reasons for waiting in line? Does the model you want not ship for a while so you didn't preorder? Or just for the experience?
As soon as I was able to get through for Apple preorder, the ship date on my model (6+ AT&T 64gb) had slipped to 3-4 weeks. Plus it's something I've been doing with friends for a number of years, and is kind of our way of iPhone launch tailgate partying.

Clint1583

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2011
And why didn't you people just order one the other night? I have 2 coming on Friday, a whole lot easier than sitting around an Apple Store of hours. Anyone willing to wait in a long line for hours has no excuse for not spending a little time the other night and ordering.

toekneeg

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2012
Orlando, FL
People wait in line for many reasons. I'll be waiting because I couldnt preorder on time. I have preordered every phone except this. Should be fun.

I was thinking 5am at the local ATT corporate store for a 64gb black +

utahman130

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2012
Thursday at 6 PM. iPhone 6 Plus 16 GB, Space Grey. Camping out in front of T-Mobile store, Gateway in SLC, UT. I preordered mine on Friday, but their preorders are so messed up that I will just buy one in store and have them cancel my preorder in store.

syclick

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2009
I tried to preorder the 6+ at 3:30AM via their site, by which time they were already backordered.

utahman130

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2012
So, I've never done this before. Don't they kick you out of the mall if you try to sleep there?