How early on Saturday for a non-reserved iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gwhitta, Mar 30, 2010.

1. gwhitta macrumors member

Let's say, in theory, that I ordered the 3G iPad but am now having second thoughts and don't want to wait. Let's say I want to just go to an Apple Store on Saturday morning and pick one up?

If the store opens at 9am, how early should I get there to be in with a chance? Will they even have them available for walk-ins?

2. jedolley macrumors 68000

You might have a better shot at a participating Best Buy. My understanding is that they hold the reserves until 3PM. I assume if they have any extras they will sell those, but I doubt they'll have much more than the reserve number (IMO).

3. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Yes, they will have walk-in from what I have heard. Its a separate line from the "reserves." Hard to say how early you'll want to get there. I guess the best reference point would be to call the mall office and find out when the doors will be unlocked Sat AM.

4. LadyHoneyBabe macrumors 6502

Stores open at 9AM only for people who reserved an iPad. Stores open at 10AM for everyone else.

5. jose123 macrumors newbie

Depends on how bad you really want it. If there really is a limited stock, I would suggest going there as soon as the mall opens to the public.

6. zinka macrumors regular

"Mall"?

7. macduke Suspended

macduke

Is this really how it works? I remember calling my Apple Store a few weeks ago to ask and they said that it won't happen until 10am, even though my email said 9am. Granted, they've probably received more detailed instructions since then, so I should probably give them another call.

Guess I'll be up even earlier on a Saturday. Fantastic! But I guess I'll be an optimist and look at it this way: one hour early!

Forecast is for rain and thunderstorms that morning. Fun!

8. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

i am going to have to respectfully disagree. you will have a much better shot at the apple store but will have to wait longer.

9. jose123 macrumors newbie

Oh my bad, I forgot that there are some Apple Stores that freestanding. :eek:

All the Apple Stores here are inside of malls, which don't open till 8ish, so you cant go line up until they open the mall doors. :)