Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How my hours before store opening at 8AM will you line up?

• 2 hour before opening

Votes: 10 11.8%
  • 3 hours before opening

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • 4 hours before opening

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • 5 hours before opening

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • 6 hours before opening

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • 9 hours before opening

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • 12 hours before opening

Votes: 9 10.6%
  • 18 hours before opening

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • 19/19+ hours before opening

Votes: 7 8.2%
  • Not lining up!

Votes: 44 51.8%

• Total voters

Starfyre

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 7, 2010
As the topic states, how early do you plan to line up if at all? If the hour your looking for is not in the list, select the one closest to it. Mind the misspelling of 2 hours. You know perfectly well what I mean.

Last edited:

Nibiruthehufky

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2017
Well **** only vote for 12+ so far.
My phone comes in Friday via ups but my girlfriend got a delivery of 11/17-24 so I’ll be going to pick her up one if possible.

thatdonfc

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2011
Venice, CA
I'm not sure when I'll line up. Century city mall won't let anyone in until 6am and apple doesn't plan to set up a line outside of the mall.

EM2013

macrumors 68020
Sep 2, 2013
Forgot about that thread. :D

You’re thinking about lining up why? Didn’t you preorder?

Have you mentioned what color/capacity you’re getting?

frumpy16

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2008
Line up? That's why they have pre-orders. As long as you are not a tech dotard you have yours headed to you for the 3rd. ;)

thatdonfc

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2011
Venice, CA
Line up? That's why they have pre-orders. As long as you are not a tech dotard you have yours headed to you for the 3rd. ;)
The apple online store kicked me out when I tried to submit my first order. My second order was canceled by citizen one at 2am. My 3rd order went through just fine at 10am. Mid dec delivery though. So yeah, I'll be lining up. Nothing better to do anyways. Might be fun.

Reactions: TheOfficialColtonC

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Wouldn’t be caught dead lining up for hours to pay for something. Never understood why people would do that. If they were giving something out for free I would understand... even if people line up for a concert that is only happening once I kind of understand that too.... but to line up for something that you can just walk in and buy in a few weeks and they made millions of is just plain silly imo

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
Preordered so not lining up, although if I didn’t preorder I still wouldn’t be lining up. I don’t have the desire to do that anymore.

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA
I thought the X would be out on display on the 3rd this Friday, is it on the 11/2/17?

Also, I am flying into a particular city for work on 11/11/17. I think I may be able to score an X. I'll let you guys know if I do and post the city then. I was told this Apple Store has slow traffic. I've been there before and I hardly ever see people at this Apple location.

brandonnnnnnn

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2015
TX
I need to return my iPhone x cases already at apple tomorrow because picked them up at Best Buy for cheaper. Will report back if there is a line at Los Cerritos mall in Cerritos, CA?

Penooker

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2010
I need to return my iPhone x cases already at apple tomorrow because picked them up at Best Buy for cheaper. Will report back if there is a line at Los Cerritos mall in Cerritos, CA?

How did it look? Can you wait inside or is it outside the mall? I’m thinking of Cerritos or Brea.

KingslayerG5

Suspended
Oct 16, 2017
How did it look? Can you wait inside or is it outside the mall? I’m thinking of Cerritos or Brea.
I can check it out for you later today. I'm headed to Brea since I prefer my DoorDash in the Yorba Linda region where my parents live.

I say your best bet is Brea. Cerritos is LA crowd for me. I prefer the OC crowd. Little more upper-class and posh and Cerritos is in-between 605 and 91. Hell, no.

I don't like that crowd coming from Paramount and Bellflower. I lived in Bellflower and Norwalk for over five years and still go there since I live in Anaheim. Do Brea.

OC mentality vs LA mentality. Lived in SoCal for nearly 30 years. I was going to do Caviar in Beverly Hills and Glendale but hate LA traffic, streets, and crowds. Far ruder and racist.

Cryates

macrumors 68040
Nov 19, 2013
Just saying - If you're lining up on Nov 2nd, today, then you're already too late.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Wouldn’t be caught dead lining up for hours to pay for something. Never understood why people would do that. If they were giving something out for free I would understand... even if people line up for a concert that is only happening once I kind of understand that too.... but to line up for something that you can just walk in and buy in a few weeks and they made millions of is just plain silly imo

I lined up for the first few iphone launches and the first ipad launch. This was all before you could preorder online. It was shockingly a really good experience. People make coffee and food runs and everyone is really excited.

Bballrob

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2017
Alaska
I fondly remember waiting in line for the release of the first GOLDEN iPhone. I arrived around 4 Ann and was 2nd in line so I got exactly what I wanted.

That being said, I went with the 8 Plus this year so I will not be lining up for the X.

Depending on what time I wake up in the morning, I will likely drive by AT&T and see what the line looks like. They are the only place in my small town that will have them. Nearest Apple Store is 150 miles away.

Harmonious Zen

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
I can check it out for you later today. I'm headed to Brea since I prefer my DoorDash in the Yorba Linda region where my parents live.

I say your best bet is Brea. Cerritos is LA crowd for me. I prefer the OC crowd. Little more upper-class and posh and Cerritos is in-between 605 and 91. Hell, no.

I don't like that crowd coming from Paramount and Bellflower. I lived in Bellflower and Norwalk for over five years and still go there since I live in Anaheim. Do Brea.

OC mentality vs LA mentality. Lived in SoCal for nearly 30 years. I was going to do Caviar in Beverly Hills and Glendale but hate LA traffic, streets, and crowds. Far ruder and racist.

Such a good summary. I'd do OC over LA any day, too. How do you feel about Anaheim?

KingslayerG5

Suspended
Oct 16, 2017
Such a good summary. I'd do OC over LA any day, too. How do you feel about Anaheim?
I consider Anaheim one of the worst in OC. And I live close to Beach Blvd. About two miles south of Knott's. There are hookers and drug addicts near the area. Anaheim is not as bad as Santa Ana but I still don't like it. Other than Disneyland, it's mostly a dump.

I only live here because my uncle knew an old lady who boards renters and she charges only $400 per month. She is 79 and kinda grouchy-type but I stay cool. Only $400 bucks. Not $1000-$1500 minimum. No vacancy right now. About 5 boarders live in this house including me.

Do Brea. And hope it doesn't rain like what's happening right now. Bring an umbrella and hoodie just in case. Sometimes the weather prediction is off. I would drive around Yorba Linda and it would rain in spots while still sunny in other parts.

My favorite city in OC is really Yorba Linda followed by Anaheim Hills. Parents live there since 2003. I used to do Postmates and DoorDash in Irvine or Laguna and it would send me to the furthest places and hated the apartments. Hated going to UCI just to make $5 and no tips. YL has wide streets and no toll roads/freeways. Laguna/Dana Point has got the laziest people. $10 orders but needing to drive 10 miles for it.

Good luck.

Starfyre

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 7, 2010
You know your just too excited when you swing by your local Apple store and see no line.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.