How Early will you start queueing on Friday?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by markjns, Sep 13, 2014.

1. markjns macrumors newbie

markjns

I'm going for a 6+ Space Grey which I believe is going to be very limited stock. I'm planning on getting to my local UK store at 6am. Is that early enough?

2. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

Nowhere near early enough, people will be lined up the night before

3. youknome macrumors 6502

youknome

6am is not early, there will be hundreds and hundreds of people in front of you by then.

4. markjns thread starter macrumors newbie

markjns

What happens in Shopping Centres, are they open all night?

5. youknome macrumors 6502

youknome

They don't line inside the mall, they'll be lining outside of it. On the launch day, really early in the morning (from my knowledge) they'll start letting people line up inside away from the cold.

6. kiantech macrumors regular

I don't get why people were unwilling to order online, but are willing to camp...?

7. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

8. Gryfter macrumors 6502

Gryfter

some people couldnt preorder, causes from Apple's end...

others like myself, apparently if you're a NYer and are on the NEXT program are not allowed to preorder online... I had one reserved for me for delivery within 7-10 days but I cant get past the wireless plan screen so that reservation is gone by noon later...

9. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

My Mall said they wouldn't let anyone line up until 6AM, by the time I got there, their was already a line of over 200 people.

Me I'm going at 8 PM on the 18th.

10. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Many shopping malls prohibit the camping out, since they're not open all night.

I suspect people are already waiting in line at my local Apple Store here in Boston (its outside). Personally, I don't see waiting in line for a week is really worth getting a cell phone - but that's me. I really don't have to be the first one to own a iPhone 6

11. bp1000 macrumors 65816

I honestly think it will be an all nighter.

Last year I called my nearest apple store, the bullring in brum and they said they had sold out before they even opened because the queue was so big.

12. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Oh, I think that will be for the majority of apple stores. Still 2 years ago I was able to get an iPhone 5 a week (or two) later by walking into my local VZW store.