how easily does an iphone dent?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iamrawr, Jun 14, 2010.

1. iamrawr macrumors 6502

iamrawr

so i'm planning to get the iphone over the summer and i'm deciding whether i should get just anti-scratch film or a protective casing.

If you have used no protection/anti-scratch film/protectice casing, what are your experiences with your iphone when it was dropped, pressed against anything, or collided with another object?

do you think the iphone 4 will be more rugged and durable?

2. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

I have only had a back case on mine, and mine has no scratches. It is very easy not to get it scratched, but it depends on how much you do and how much you take care of it. I take care of my phone! :)

3. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

i use a case and a screen protector not because i am careless but because i want to be able to go top dollar when i go to sell it

4. iamrawr thread starter macrumors 6502

iamrawr

Thanks your sharing guys. :)
    but let me reitterate something: a protective film that covers the whole phone, much like Zagg, ghost armor, etc.

I'm not worried too much about getting it scratched as I think third-party products today get the job done. I'm more concerned about the any possible dents from the said situations while your phone had no protection, film protection, or protective casing; and for any speculation if the iPhone 4 will be more durable with it's new design. Thank you :D

5. guitargoddsjm macrumors 6502

I'm a little late, but don't go for the Invisible Shield if you're worried about dents. It's good for protecting your phone against scratches, but there isn't much to absorb force when you drop it.

I've dropped my iPhone 4 twice (so far) on tiled surfaces. Both times my phone got small knicks/dents on both the steel band and the plastic surrounding the glass. One set on the front, one set on the bank.

I'd advise getting a case as that will prevent those issues... I'm probably going to do the same now :eek: