Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aznhiga13

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2008
I'm new to the apple scene with my macbook pro. I've noticed that to open my macbook pro it is fairly easy. I just barely push the latch button and it opens up. When i've looked at other macbook pro's they require a little more push on the button to open it up. Do you think that this is a problem? I don't know if i should wait till it gets worse or till it goes away. Thanks.

squeeks

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2007
Florida
mines fairly easy try just pulling on the lid slightly and see if it pops open by its self, if not id say its fine

Aznhiga13

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2008
mines fairly easy try just pulling on the lid slightly and see if it pops open by its self, if not id say its fine

heh heh :(

Damn, i've tried it once and it opened up. I've been afraid to try it again just in case if it breaks or something. Ill give it another shot......yup it did it again. Damn, this sucks. Should i take it to the genius bar?

panzer06

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2006
Kilrath

Just a nice touch of the button and the lid releases. No pressure to close or release. My wife must press a bit on the lid to close and press the button in fully to release on hers.

Cheers,

LeahM

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2008
I'd say in between, it defintely doesn't open on it's own. Call Apple and see what they say you should do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.