How easy is it to return 27in i5 bought from online apple store?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by steadcd, Jan 10, 2010.

1. steadcd macrumors member

Can those who have ordered from uk online apple store and had to return give me a bit if info, I've read a courier will pick up any returns, is this easy and how much of a time slot can you specify?

I'm interested as I'm thinking about ordering a 27in i5 in a few weeks online. I've had 2 from the physical apple store, week 49 and 46 with problems and it's a pain lugging them to and from apple store. Also I figure I will get a more recent batch by ordering online. Just want to know if I do need to return from the online store it's not too much hassle. Also if it needs a warranty repair after 2 weeks can you take it to the store if it might be a quick job? Any advice appreciated.

2. sparkie1984 macrumors 68000

unsure exactly mate, but know where your coming from!!

im on my 3rd that ive had to lug to the apple store in london, hour drive each way!!! i should think you could take it there for repair but id think youd have to contact online for a return, then dont you drop it off to whoever their courier is??

3. peskaa macrumors 68020

peskaa

It's easy. You call them up (0800 048 0408, Option 3, Option 2, then input your web order number). Tell then you want a return or replacement (obviously this is within 14 days of getting it) and why.

DHL then call you to organise a pick up, on a day that suits you, for a morning or afternoon slot (ie: between 9 and 1, and 1 and 5).

4. steadcd thread starter macrumors member

Great thanks for response, I got a refund for my 2nd today. Think I will order online next time in a month or so as returning sounds easier if they pick it up from you door, my wife's in a few days a week so if you can pick a morning or afternoon that's great.