how easy is it to return Macbook within 14 days?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by PimpsMac, Dec 3, 2007.

1. PimpsMac macrumors newbie

I called the number to get an RMA, and there was no option for it. This seems like a fairly difficult process. Also, will I have to pay a restocking fee to get a replacement?? I've gotten 5 kernel panics in the first 4 days of use, and don't feel like I should have to use the warranty to fix it. I just want a new one instead.

2. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

You need to call Apple Care and they will set up the replacement for you. There's no "return computer" option right from the menu options.

3. f1 macrumors 6502

if u live near an apple store book an appointment with the genius bar, tell them you bought this macbook online and itz not 14 days yet and you're having kernel panic problems. They will just swap it out for you; from my experience the genius bar doesn't even attempt to troubleshoot or repair a computer that is still within the return window (unless its clearly your fault).

4. sash macrumors 6502a

sash

Hi,

If bought via an online Apple Store, you may return you machine within 14 days unconditionally, without providing any reason whatsoever. At least in Europe, I'm not sure about the rest of the world.

But if bought via a regular shop -- forget it...

sash

5. Macula macrumors 6502

Macula

In my experience Apple is very reasonable, or one might even say generous, with returns. Just call them up and request that your laptop be replaced.

6. dziewuliz macrumors member

I ordered my second blackbook (refurbished) few days ago, as a christmas present for my friend. And guess what, my friend calls me today and says he just did the same thing :D now that's a bummer..
    How much would they charge for returning in this case? My macbook should be delivered in a few days, and I'll probably have to arrange the return.. Any ideas?

7. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

If you don't accept it you won't have to do a thing other than getting the refund.

8. dziewuliz macrumors member

And they aren't even going to charge the shipping cost then? How about the restocking fee?