How easy is it to set up an AE/TC?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by nick9191, Mar 22, 2008.

1. nick9191 macrumors 68040

I'm looking at buying a AE/TC (not sure which yet) and I was wondering what the process was with setting them up. I'm in the UK with Pipex Adsl, and I know I have to buy a modem as well as the AE/TC is not a modem router. I was looking at the Linksys AM200 modem.

So I'm guessing I just plug in the modem straight into a computer, go to 192.168.0.1 or whatever it is, set it up, then unplug and plug into the AE/TC, then what do I do?

Thanks, and sorry if this has been already asked, but theres so many users on these forums its hard to find.

Nick 

2. skorpien macrumors 68020

You don't need to set up a modem as you would a router. The 192.168.0.1 is the setup method for most routers. The modem should just connect to your ADSL line, and straight into the computer/router via ethernet cable. As for your AX/AEBS/TC, just install AirPort Utility if you don't already have it on your computer and start it up (after connecting the ethernet from your modem into the WAN port, and your computer to one of the LAN ports on the AEBS/TC. In my experience it's better to set up a router with an ethernet cable.) It should detect your router and allow you to set it up.

From your post it seems like you already have the ADSL service. You don't need to buy a second modem since you probably already have one. Unless I read your post wrong.