How easy is it to transfer data from my windows PC to Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MarkSTi04, Jan 9, 2009.

1. MarkSTi04 macrumors regular

Very shortly I will be purchasing my first Mac and I was hoping that there is an easy way to get all of my pictures and iTunes music over to the Mac with out haveing to take it to the Apple Store. The guys there said that they can take care of it and I would be with out my computer for a day. For me that's to long and I would like to transfer it over my-self. I'm reading a few books on Macs right now that seem to help, but I feel I'm not getting this question answered there. I just hope I don't have to burn a bunch of CDs.

I just converted my home network over to Airport Extreem and love it!! Once I get the Mac I hope I can just do it over the network.

Anyways thanks.

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Drag and drop via shared folders. Yes it's that easy.

3. MarkSTi04 thread starter macrumors regular

That's great!! Dumping my Winows PC is gonna be great! And the cool thing is I won't need windows unless something at work needs me to use that and if that's the case there is always Boot Camp.

4. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Its true its really easy, also for note just make sure any media like memory sticks and external hard drives are formatted as "FAT 32" so both windows and mac can read them if you have to transfer work and other files to and from friends/colleagues etc :)

5. MarkSTi04 thread starter macrumors regular

I seen a Belkin USB transfer kit for switching from PC to Mac. Has anyone used this? If so, is it worth it?

6. JediMeister macrumors 68040

7. aristobrat macrumors G4