Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

baypharm

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2007
1). Go to SETTINGS
2). press cellular data
3). Turn ON cellular data
4). It will prompt for initiation of service. Have a cc/debit card handy.
5). Enjoy!

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
Try turning off WiFi and then trying. If this is with T-Mobile, you have to have WiFi off.

If you had WiFi off while getting the error, try turning it on.

venividivigor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
I get nothing :(

When I go to View Account in Settings, I get prompted with a window saying this "This option is not available for your service profile. To view the latest products and services from Bell, visit bell.ca" ?

EDH667

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2009
Northern California
I get nothing :(

When I go to View Account in Settings, I get prompted with a window saying this "This option is not available for your service profile. To view the latest products and services from Bell, visit bell.ca" ?

I would try opening the bell.ca website on your iPad browser. It should give you the option to sign up for a data plan through that website. If that doesn't work possibly has a bad SIM and bring it into a bell store.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
I don't know anything about Canadian providers, but that error sounds a lot like the SIM isn't provisioned correctly for an ipad.

How did you get the SIM? Already inside a brand new ipad, a new unused SIM obtained from Bell or elsewhere, a SIM borrowed from a phone, something else?

I'd suggest first talking to Bell, ensure the SIM is provisioned properly on their side before being concerned about the ipad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.