How exactly do I restore phone back after jail break??

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by rcasey524, May 6, 2012.

1. rcasey524 macrumors newbie

So I dropped my phone and the screen is cracked, I've noticed that it freezes sometimes too. I want to restore it back so I can get it replaced.

I backed it up to iCloud before I jailbroke it but it says last back up was last week, so wouldnt it still be jailbreak if i restored it? And how exactly do I restore it without losing my contacts, apps, pictures, etc?

It this possible? Thanks a lot

2. FlatlinerG macrumors 6502a

FlatlinerG

The backup won't have any jailbreak information on it. However, if you're just looking to restore it before getting it replaced then just restore it and set it up as a new device, get it serviced, and restore the replacement from the previous backup.

3. rcasey524 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, so the way I would do it is go into settings and chose reset? and reset all settings? or erase all content and settings?

Would this remove all my contacts, apps, and pics?

Sorry I just want to make sure I dont screw it up, thanks

4. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

if you do that it will go into a DFU/recovery loop.

You can't hit erase all settings on a jailbroken phone.

If you back it up in itunes it has all your contacts, txt, pics etc you can put that back any time.

To get rid of the jailbreak you have to restore your firmware to stock firmware.

How you can do that depends on your model and current firmware and if you need to unlock the phone or not so first some info on those items and maybe we can help you with it.

5. macemily macrumors newbie

6. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Which might be september, good advice….

7. rcasey524 thread starter macrumors newbie

It is an iphone 4s and I used absinsthe. It says the version is 5.0.1 if thats what you're looking for. It keeps asking me to upgrade though but I have not.